In just a short time, you can learn how to use PHP, MySQL, and Apache together to create dynamic, interactive websites and applications using the three leading open-source web development technologies. Using a straightforward, step-by-step approach, each lesson in this book builds on the previous ones, enabling you to learn the essentials of PHP scripting, MySQL databases, and the Apache web server from the ground up.
Regardless of whether you run Linux, Windows, or Mac OS X, the enclosed CD includes a complete starter kit that lets you install all the software you need to set up a stable environment for learning, testing, and production.
Julie C. Meloni is a technical consultant who has been developing web-based applications since the Web first saw the light of day. She has written numerous books and articles on web application development and HTML/CSS, and you can find translations of her work in 18 different languages.
Learn how to…
• Install, configure, and set up the PHP scripting language, the MySQL database system, and the Apache Web server
• Get these technologies to work together to create a dynamic, database-backed website
• Interact with MySQL using PHP
• Work with forms and files
• Create a web-based discussion forum or mailing list
• Add a storefront and shopping cart to your site
• Optimize your MySQL databases
• Fine-tune the Apache server’s performance
• Restrict access to your applications
• Set up a secure web server
- Paperback: 750 pages
- Publisher: Sams; 6 edition (14 Sept. 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0672337703
- ISBN-13: 978-0672337703
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 cm
2. Murach and Harris: Murach’s PHP & MySQL. Paperback – 1 Dec 2014
This book gets you off to a fast start by showing you how to develop, test, and debug basic PHP applications that get data from MySQL databases in Section 1. Then, Section 2 takes you deep into PHP by covering the skills you’ll use every day in professional applications, like how to work with form data, dates, arrays, sessions, cookies, functions, objects, regular expressions, and exceptions. Likewise, Section 3 dives into MySQL, teaching you how to design and create a database, as well as how to access and maintain the data in a database like a pro. Finally, Section 4 teaches you important web programming skills like how to secure web pages, send email, upload files, process images, and access content from other websites. Complete sample applications along with chapter exercises provide training support throughout.
- Paperback: 872 pages
- Publisher: Mike Murach & Associates Inc.; 2nd Revised edition edition (1 Dec. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1890774790
- ISBN-13: 978-1890774790
- Product Dimensions: 21.3 x 4.8 x 26.7 cm