- Collingwood, Prince & Conroy: Precalculus.
- Stitz and Zeager: Precalculus – College Algebra – Trigonometry
Stewart, Redlin and Watson: Precalculus: Mathematics for Calculus. Paperback – 9 May 2011
This best selling author team explains concepts simply and clearly, without glossing over difficult points. Problem solving and mathematical modeling are introduced early and reinforced throughout, providing students with a solid foundation in the principles of mathematical thinking. Comprehensive and evenly paced, the book provides complete coverage of the function concept, and integrates a significant amount of graphing calculator material to help students develop insight into mathematical ideas. The authors’ attention to detail and clarity, the same as found in James Stewart’s market-leading Calculus text, is what makes this text the market leader.
- Paperback: 1008 pages
- Publisher: Brooks/Cole; International ed of 6th revised ed edition (9 May 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0840068867
- ISBN-13: 978-0840068866
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 3.1 x 27.8 cm
2. Kuang: Pre-Calculus For Dummies, 2E Paperback – 8 Jun 2012
The fun and easy way to learn pre–calculus
Getting ready for calculus but still feel a bit confused? Have no fear. Pre–Calculus For Dummies is an un–intimidating, hands–on guide that walks you through all the essential topics, from absolute value and quadratic equations to logarithms and exponential functions to trig identities and matrix operations.
With this guide′s help you′ll quickly and painlessly get a handle on all of the concepts not just the number crunching and understand how to perform all pre–calc tasks, from graphing to tackling proofs. You′ll also get a new appreciation for how these concepts are used in the real world, and find out that getting a decent grade in pre–calc isn′t as impossible as you thought.
- Updated with fresh example equations and detailed explanations
- Tracks to a typical pre–calculus class
- Serves as an excellent supplement to classroom learning
If “the fun and easy way to learn pre–calc” seems like a contradiction, get ready for a wealth of surprises in Pre–Calculus For Dummies!
- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 2nd Edition edition (8 Jun. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118168887
- ISBN-13: 978-1118168882
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 2 x 23.6 cm